Thermo Fisher Axia ChemiSEM
The Axia ChemiSEM scanning electron microscope has a thermionic tungsten filament source and automated alignment, automated sample navigation, variable pressure feature, a backscatter detector, and live quantitative elemental mapping. The ChemiSEM always collects energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS) data in the background, displaying the morphology and elemental makeup of a sample in real time, speeding up workflow. Elements found in the sample may be toggled on or off, to emphasize or isolate elements and regions of the sample.
It comes with a control panel, for manual control and alignment touch-up; the SmartAlign technology minimizes the beam alignment steps.
- Infrared chamber camera
- Nav-Cam: color optical camera for sample navigation
- TrueSight energy dispersive spectrometer
If you would like training on the Axia ChemiSEM and have a GT Login; click HERE and click on the Training Requirements button.
- Motorized retractable backscatter detector
- Low vacuum + variable pressure (up to 1.13 torr)
- Maps software for tiling and stitching
- 3.0 nm @ 30 kV (SE)
- 3.0 nm @ 30 kV (SE) (low vacuum)
- 8.0 nm @ 3 kV (SE)
- 7.0 nm @ 3 kV (BD mode* + BSE)
- Stage: 120 x 120 mm; however flexible, accommodating samples up to 10 kg with x-y movement
- Stage Tilt: -15 to +90 degrees
- Rotation: n x 360 degrees