Atomic-Resolution Imaging and Analysis
The HD-2700 is an aberration-corrected 80-200 kV field emission gun scanning transmission electron microscope (STEM) with secondary electron (SE) imaging capability. Bulk and surface structures of specimen can be imaged simultaneously. Ultra-high resolution can be achieved for both STEM and SE imaging. The Hitachi corrector minimizes the user’s effort in doing aberration correction. Large solid angle EDS spectrum imaging are enabled.
- True atomic-resolution SEM imaging through correction of spherical aberration.
- Ultra low mag (100X) SEM imaging convenient for sample navigation
- Atomic resolution Bright-field, Dark-field, and SEM simultaneous imaging
- Diffraction contrast-enchanced imaging mode for defect observation.
- Bruker SDD EDS detector with 60 sq. mm area for a ~0.3 steradian solid angle
- In-situ heating holder heating up to ~1200 deg. C
- Selected-diffraction DF-STEM(analogue to dark field TEM)
You can access to the Training videos of this facility from Youtube.
If you would like training on the HD-2700 and have a GTLogin; click HERE and click on the request training button.
Contact staff: Mengkun Tian
If you do not have a GTLogin click HERE.Key parameters
- Image resolution 0.136 nm HAADF-STEM / 0.105 nm FFT 8 million X
- Magnification 100X – 10,000,000X
- Acceleration Voltage 80, 120, and 200KV
Selected publication proof(2020)
- Zhao, Ming, et al. “Pd‐Ru Alloy Nanocages with a Face‐Centered Cubic Structure and Their Enhanced Activity toward the Oxidation of Ethylene Glycol and Glycerol.” Small Methods 4.5 (2020): 1900843.
- Shen, Min, et al. “Pt− Co Truncated Octahedral Nanocrystals as a Highly Active and Durable Catalyst toward the Oxygen Reduction Reaction.” Nanoscale (2020).
- Zhou, Li, Zhiheng Lyu, and Younan Xia. “Pencil-Like Ag Nanorods Asymmetrically Capped by Pd.” Chemistry of Materials (2020).
- Ahn, Jaewan, Junki Kim, and Dong Qin. “Orthogonal deposition of Au on different facets of Ag cuboctahedra for the fabrication of nanoboxes with complementary surfaces.” Nanoscale 12.1 (2020): 372-379.
- Sancho, Hugo, et al. “NiCo2Se4 Nanowires as a High-Performance Bifunctional Oxygen Electrocatalyst.” Journal of The Electrochemical Society 167.5 (2020): 056503.
- Gao, Haiping, et al. “Two-Dimensional Ti3C2T x MXene/GO Hybrid Membranes for Highly Efficient Osmotic Power Generation.” Environmental Science & Technology 54.5 (2020): 2931-2940.