Atomic-Resolution Imaging and Analysis
The HD-2700 is an aberration-corrected 80-200 kV field emission gun scanning transmission electron microscope (STEM) with secondary electron (SE) imaging capability. Bulk and surface structures of specimen can be imaged simultaneously. Ultra-high resolution can be achieved for both STEM and SE imaging. The Hitachi corrector minimizes the user’s effort in doing aberration correction. Large solid angle EDS spectrum imaging are enabled.
- True atomic-resolution SEM imaging through correction of spherical aberration.
- Ultra low mag (100X) SEM imaging convenient for sample navigation
- Atomic resolution Bright-field, Dark-field, and SEM simultaneous imaging
- Diffraction contrast-enchanced imaging mode for defect observation.
- Bruker SDD EDS detector with 60 sq. mm area for a ~0.3 steradian solid angle
- In-situ heating holder heating up to ~1200 deg. C
- Selected-diffraction DF-STEM(analogue to dark field TEM)
You can access to the Training videos of this facility from Youtube.
If you would like training on the HD-2700 and have a GTLogin; click HERE and click on the request training button.
Contact staff: Mengkun Tian
If you do not have a GTLogin click HERE.Key parameters
- Image resolution 0.136 nm HAADF-STEM / 0.105 nm FFT 8 million X
- Magnification 100X – 10,000,000X
- Acceleration Voltage 80, 120, and 200KV
Selected publication proof
- Zhang Y, Zhang Y, Aldama E, et al. Rational design of walnut-like ZnO/Co 3 O 4 porous nanospheres with substantially enhanced lithium storage performance[J]. Nanoscale, 2022, 14(1): 166-174.
- Shi Y, Schimmenti R, Zhu S, et al. Solution-phase synthesis of PdH0. 706 nanocubes with enhanced stability and activity toward formic acid oxidation[J]. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2022, 144(6): 2556-2568.
- Hoffmann M, Wang Z, Tasneem N, et al. Antiferroelectric negative capacitance from a structural phase transition in zirconia[J]. Nature communications, 2022, 13(1): 1-8.
- Xie M, Shi Y, Wang C, et al. In Situ Growth of Pt–Co Nanocrystals on Different Types of Carbon Supports and Their Electrochemical Performance toward Oxygen Reduction[J]. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2021, 13(44): 51988-51996.
- Tasneem N, Yousry Y M, Tian M, et al. A Janovec‐Kay‐Dunn‐Like Behavior at Thickness Scaling in Ultra‐Thin Antiferroelectric ZrO2 Films[J]. Advanced Electronic Materials, 2021, 7(11): 2100485.