The SU8010 Ultra-High Resolution (1.0nm) Scanning Electron Microscope FE-SEM has excellent imaging performance for the wide variety of demanding high-resolution applications in material research.
The SU8010 has a very unique model of “Deceleration” for the non-conductive sample.
A stunning low-kV resolution of just 1.3 nm can be achieved at a landing voltage of 1 kV by applying Hitachi’s beam deceleration technology. In this mode, a negative bias voltage is applied to the sample stage, thereby slowing down the primary electron beam to the desired landing energy.
The gain in effective resolution can be estimated from a comparison of two images: an image of the sample observed with the conventional mode (left), and an image of the same sample observed again under beam deceleration mode. The effective use of this mode offers superior image quality even down to the lowest energy level of just 100 eV.
Accelerating Voltage : 500 V , Magnification : 100kx Landing Voltage : 500 V, Magnification : 100kx
If you would like training on the SU8010 and have a GTLogin; click HERE and click on the request training button.
If you do not have a GTLogin click HERE
- Log on the paper.
- Click the HV and emission current window. The HV control dialog window will open
- Select the Flashing button, confirm that the flash intensity is 2 and select the Execute button
- Fix a specimen on the specimen stub by using conductive adhesive tape or paste.
- Place the specimen stub on the specimen holder
- Adjust the height of the sample using the eight gauge.
- heck that the accelerating voltage is :OFF:.
- Move the specimen stage to the stage home position.
- Select the AIR button of the specimen exchange control switch.An alarm will sound indicating that the chamber is vented.
- Open the exchange chamber door and then connect the specimen holder to the specimen exchange rod.
- Pull out the specimen exchange rod completely to the back of the specimen exchange chamber and close the exchange chamber.
- Look inside the specimen chamber, while the XC button is activated insert the specimen rod and place the specimen holder onto the specimen stage by sliding the specimen holder along the guide rails.
- Turn the specimen exchange rod clockwise so that the UNLOCK mark is pointed upwards. Remove the specimen rod completely.
- Press the CLOSE button of the specimen exchange control panel and an alarm will sound when the specimen exchange door is closed.
- Select the Home icon to move the specimen stage to the home position.
- Set the specimen holder diameter and the height in the Stage tab.
- Select the observation condition.
- After the filament has reached the proper accelerating voltage. ABC can be used to automatically adjust the brightness and the contrast of the image.
- Column alignment
- Select a suitable mag and focus the image using the COARSE focus knob.
- Adjust the beam properties.
- Prior to capture an image, verify the image quality using the Slow scanning speed. Click the Capture button to capture an image.
- To save the captured image, click the Save button, To select the folder for saving the image press the “select” button,choose the storage location and enter the file name.
Removing the Specimen
- Click the HV OFF button in the control panel.
25.Move the specimen stage to the stage home position.
- Removing the specimen
- a) Push the open button of the specimen exchange control switch and alarm will sound when the specimen exchange door is open
- b) Rotate the specimen exchange rod clock wise so that the UNLOCK marking is pointed upwards. Look into the specimen chamber, insert the exchange rod until the exchange rod in positioned onto the specimen holder.
- c) Rotate the exchange counterclockwise so that the lock marking is pointed upwards. Look into the specimen chamber and remove the specimen exchange rod.
- d) Push the CLOSE button on the specimen exchange control panel and an alarm will sound once the specimen exchange door is closed. Select the AIR button to vent the specimen exchange chamber.
- e) Open the exchange chamber door and then push the specimen exchange rod for ward while holding onto the chamber door.
- f) Rotate the specimen exchange rod clockwise so that the UNLOCK is pointed upwards.
Check that the EVAC button of the specimen exchange control is activated.
Close the SEM PC-SEM software
Log out from paper.